Best Practices to Become Successful in your Workplace
Do you ever dream of being promoted or finding the perfect career for yourself? Keep reading, because these are the qualities you should study if you want you dreams to happen sooner rather than later or never! For extra credit check out our other blog in the link below.
Attitude & Mindset – Firstly, if you are always tired and looking like a zombie, that’s a BAD habit. Wake up on time, wash your face, and DO SOME JUMPING JACKS! Whatever it takes to wake you up, because no one wants to promote a zombie. Let’s be honest with ourselves! On the note of promotion, how does wishful thinking get us promoted? It doesn’t but it is a step in the right direction. Stay positive, stay awake, and keep reading!
- If you think you aren’t good enough, you simply won’t be. You create your world around you.
- If you aren’t happy, YOU need to change that! Whether that means changing jobs, friends, or significant others.
- Surround yourself with what YOU want! Get creative and make a vision board or new friends that can help you.
- Do whatever you need to do (as long as you are not hurting others in the process).
Be Helpful – Whether you are helping out co-workers and bosses with work, simple tasks, or even cleaning it is super important to show that you are a team player and a team leader. Take every opportunity you can. If YOU can do it YOU should do it. See our blog on Work Etiquettes for detailed practices: https://xlproconsulting.com/5-tips-for-etiquette-in-the-workplace-that-actually-make-you-more-confident/
Be Organized – Have goals, notes, and anything helpful to the company you work for filed properly. You should always have work goals and notes otherwise, how can you expect yourself or the company to make progress?
Do Your Work – Just… do it please. Take on more responsibilities and overachieve when you can without putting unnecessary stress and pressure on yourself. This always looks good on resumes and in your work environment. Let everyone see you shine and help them along the way!
Focus – Find what you’re good at and you will THRIVE. It is important for you to like your job. Even if you don’t and you are okay with it, never settle. There are so many departments, jobs, and responsibilities that can be open to you and taking a liking to one can never be a bad thing! Chat with your boss about potential projects (after you complete all of your work). Be proactive!
Time Management – Always show up to work like it is your first interview and you arrive 15 minutes earlier to make a good impression. Obviously meet all of your deadlines at a timely manner as well.
Be Prepared – This means planning out a few things the day before. When you leave work make sure you do plan these things for your next day of success:
- Clean your desk before you leave. It’s always nice to come back to a clean workspace and your peers will appreciate this as well.
- While work is fresh on your mind – take a few notes on things that can be done tomorrow, this way, when you arrive tomorrow you will not be a lost soul for 20 minutes.
- Plan your next outfit the night before.
- Bring lunches or even pick up food before your shift. It is important to have your fuel to function properly at work, especially if it is intense. Try to eat light and acidic fruits like grapefruit, pineapples, and oranges for energy.
- DON’T BE LATE! “If you are on time you are late”.